The purpose of this privacy statement is to indicate how Bruut BV collects, uses and protects your personal data in the context of the use that you make of this website / webshop. This use is done in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation – AVG – GDPR).
Gruut BV is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Rembert Dodoensdreef 1, 9000 Ghent, Belgium. Company number 0411.982.457, hereinafter referred to as “we” or “Gruut”.
The supervisory authority in Belgium is the Data Protection Authority: www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.
This privacy statement is a general statement. Depending on the relationship you have with us or the services you use, additional privacy information may be provided.
We mainly collect the information and data that you provide to us when you use our website / webshop, including when you:
• Place orders and / or make purchases on our website / webshop
• Subscribe to the newsletter
• Create an account
• Use our contact form or contact customer service in any other way
• Purchases services (eg booking a brewery visit).
Participates in promotions and / or competitions
• Surf our website by means of including cookies
We collect different types of information depending on the services you use and the use you make of this website.
• If you place orders and / or make purchases on our website / webshop, we collect your e-mail, name, telephone number, delivery address, billing information.
• If you subscribe to the newsletter, we collect your e-mail and name.
• When you create an account, we collect the information you provide in the registration form including your name, first name, address, email, and other information you provide to facilitate the handling of your next order (delivery address, payment methods, …) .
• When you use our contact form to contact customer service or contact customer service in any other way, we collect your name, email, telephone number and the information you provide in the contact form.
• When you purchase services, the dates depend on the service you have purchased (for example, a copy of your driver’s license and the front of your identity card will always be taken when renting a van).
• If you participate in promotions and / or competitions, we collect your name, first name and possibly contact details, as well as all data necessary for participation in the competition.
• Gruut also processes personal data necessary for the normal operation of the company (based on an agreement, a legal ground or a legitimate interest).
Your data is mainly used for the following purposes:
• To provide and improve the products and services you have requested
• Improve your experience on our website
• To communicate with you about our offer and temporary offers
• Manage our operations
• Conduct our marketing and advertising campaigns
• Detect and prevent fraud
• To handle questions and complaints
• To be able to follow up claims and fines.
• To ensure the security of the (visitors to the) website
• Perform statistical analyzes on our customers (with the sole aim of improving the quality of our services)
• Comply with our legal obligations
• Improve the quality of our customer data
To process your personal data, we always rely on:
• Either the consent you have given in this regard. In that case you always have the option to withdraw your consent.
• Or on another criterion provided for by law: for example, if the data collection is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are one of the parties or if this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. In certain cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to safeguard your essential interests or our legitimate interest.
Gruut will not share your information with third parties without your permission.
In certain cases, your data may be disclosed to third parties providing services to Gruut, being Gruut’s processors or to Gruut’s partners. This concerns, for example, support partners with regard to the boat trips offered, our IT and online services, logistics partners, payment service providers, suppliers, etc. In each of these cases, we undertake to ensure the confidentiality of your data, in particular through appropriate contracts. conclude with the companies concerned.
In addition, we are obliged to communicate your personal data when this is imposed by regulation or by a court decision, or in the context of an obligation to cooperate that is imposed on us (e.g. a criminal investigation).
As provided in the GDPR, you have the right to:
• Consult and access your data and essential information regarding the processing;
• Request to correct or, if necessary, delete such data under the conditions set out in Article 17 of the GDPR, and in particular when such data are no longer necessary in view of the purposes for which they were collected / processed or when the processing is based on your consent and you withdraw your consent;
• To oppose the processing of the data concerning you in certain specific cases as described in Article 21 of the GDPR, including processing for direct marketing purposes; in that case, we will no longer process your data, unless for legitimate and compelling reasons that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing is related to the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• oppose automated individual decision-making, including profiling, under the conditions set out in Article 22 of the GDPR;
• Request a restriction of processing, in certain cases as set out in Article 18 of the GDPR and in particular when you dispute the accuracy of the data, for a period that allows us to verify the accuracy of that data;
• Receive a specific part of your personal data in a form that makes them transferable, in particular to transfer them to another controller, under the conditions set out in Article 20 of the GDPR and, if technically possible, to obtain that the data is transferred directly from one controller to another.
The collected data is kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes described above or as long as a legal basis allows us to process this data.
The data you have provided to us when creating an account will be automatically deleted after 1 year of no more purchases in our webshop.
Certain data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area for the purposes described above.
Such transfer may be carried out through service providers located outside the European Economic Area as listed above or through a server located outside this territory. In this regard, we are committed to always ensuring an appropriate and sufficient level of protection for your data.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against any destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or unauthorized access to transmitted, stored or otherwise processed data.
Visitors to the website and customers are responsible for the use of their computer, IP address, identification data, its confidentiality,….
In no case can Gruut be liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from incorrect or unlawful use by a third party of the personal data, unless this is due to an incorrect act by Gruut.
Our website contains links to other websites operated by other companies not affiliated with our company. Since those websites in principle have their own privacy statement, we strongly recommend that you take note of this when you surf on those third-party websites. We cannot be held liable for the data processing by those parties.
We can adjust this privacy statement at any time, for example in function of new regulations or adjusted internal processes and purposes. Fundamental changes will be reported on the website.
If you wish to contact us regarding your personal data and this privacy statement, this can always be done via our customer service.